Father Mac’s Heavenly Puddings have provided the Parish with funds to assist with special projects.
In addition to activities within the Alstonville Parish, Father Mac’s Heavenly Puddings have helped groups all over the world, including:
- Funds donated to the village of Kumasi in Ghana to enable the sinking of a Bore to bring fresh water for the people.
- The Landmines Photographic Exhibition displayed in the village of Alstonville.
- $3,000 sent to a Cambodia Wheel Chair factory. The following year funds donated to relocate five families of Landmine victims to new homes.
- Small donations were sent to Makumbi Home and Zambuko Children’s Home in Zimbabwe.
- 200 Puddings to the Interfet Forces in East Timor for Christmas 1999.
- Sponsored Child Safety campaign and encourage and support the local children’s Netball club.
- Assisted with donations to Drought Relief Hampers.
- A small donation of Puddings went to Christmas Island Asylum Seekers December 2010.
- Through the co-operation of our Sydney Helpers substantial donations have been made to Australian Catholic Relief Projects, Father Chris Riley’s “Youth of the Streets”, Meals for the Homeless and gifts to Hampers for needy Families, Little Sisters of the Poor, World Youth Day Fundraising and more!
- Parish Social Justice Committee hosted a visit of four Refugees from Romero Centre – Brisbane, parishioners made personal contributions. Refugees visited again in March 2002.
- With the assistance of the Grafton Mercy Nuns, substantial donations made to the Zimbabwe feeding programme for children in Harare, Binga and Zambezi Valley and the community of Christon Bank where the Catholic Church is trying to help those who have been driven from their homes and are literally starving.
- Through the generosity of our Sydney helpers donations have been made to the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney Priests Retirement Foundation.
Puddings have been donated to the following charities:
- Wayside Chapel
- Mamre Plains
- Sydney City Mission
- Lismore Soup Kitchen
- St Vincent de Paul – Alstonville and Support to Parishioners (donations for Raffles etc) and Local district groups raising funds for Charities eg. Disability Groups – St Vincent’s Hospital Blue Ladies
- Local community Care Groups – Drought relief Hampers
- SIDS Foundation – Richmond High School
- Urban Kitchen – meals for the Homeless
- Cana Communities
- Victorian Bush Fire Appeal